Friday, May 8, 2009

Still adjusting to the new bloggosphere!

Well I'm still trying to figure out what all I'm doing on this thing they call BLOG!!! I'll get it together eventually.  I'm always needing to organize and rearrange pictures on my computer and maybe this will be an opportunity for me to do so.  We all know that I have the time during the day for sure.  Gotta love the Day job.

Anyway, so that you know what it's like for me, FDD (fabulous dessert diva), I'll fill you in on what I've been up to this week. 

Monday- I was still at home recouperating from my allergic reaction to make-up (will post later in detail). 

Tuesday- Work, then went to my neice's ballet recital.  She was adorable, but she is more like me and dances to her own beat.  As my friends all know, I don't do choregraphed dancing because...well, because i'd look like an idiot.  My niece however looked beautiful and i'm proud of her always for trying something new. Next semester she is moving on to piano though, which will probably suit her better.





Wednesday - Work, went to Sam's Club at lunch.  (a weekly activity for a baker).  Then after work i went to Barnes and Noble where Hungry Girl was there signing books.  I stayed and got the books signed and even recieved some free prizes and a t-shirt.  I then went home and started baking at oh 9:30 pm.  I made 5 dozen cupcakes and 2 batches of White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting and was done by 11:00 pm.  Pretty good time if you ask me.  I did clean the Kitchen so that took a little extra time as well.  

Thursday - Worked, then went home for lunch and decorated said cupcakes for an order to be picked up that evening.  I only had to make 4 dozen, but i saved an extra dozen for my SIL cause they are her favorite.  I also made the batter for my Mother's Day Dessert.  I'm making Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake.  It should be HEAVEN, but i'll let you know next week.

Here's how the cupcakes turned out.  I like the idea of mixing mini chocolate chips and the red sugar together for a topper for these lovely RED VELVET CUPCAKES!!!




Lots to do this weekend. I am attending my first training walk for the Breast Cancer 3-Day tomorrow at 8 am so that should be fun. Mother's day stuff on Saturday and Sunday. It'll probably turn out to be a pretty busy weekend.

Well, until next time... I hope everyone has a Wonderful Mother's Day!




Fabulous Dessert Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment